Dental Marketing - Tyson Steele Associates - Advanced Dental Marketing Concepts
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for General Dentists
SEO helps prospective dental patients find your website by placing it high on Internet search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. By optimizing your dental website, you benefit from increased new patient search traffic and also help referred patients find you more easily.
Ultimately, SEO is a considerable process that starts with smart site design and continues regularly for the life of any dentist website being actively optimized. As with most marketing tactics, actual application varies greatly depending on a client’s goals, location, and competition. In addition, the rapid evolution of Google and other search engines makes SEO for dental websites an ever-changing process, rather than a one-time event.
A solid dental SEO campaign includes these elements:
- Defining effective search terms for your market
- Evaluating your competition and their rankings on various search engines
- Establishing effective pay-per-click budget for advertising on search engines
- Requesting links to your site from various websites
- Regularly optimizing site by updating keywords, tags, titles, text, etc.
- Researching and staying abreast of new search engine algorithms
- Tracking traffic from referring sites and analyzing results regularly
Keep in mind that “one size fits all” does not apply to SEO campaigns. Your investment in SEO can vary significantly based on your city and competition. Because of this, we sometimes recommend that certain dental practices forgo SEO in the near term, focusing resources and energy on other marketing tools.
Of course, the only way to determine the best strategy for your practice is to review your unique situation and make some solid recommendations. So please contact us if you are considering SEO. We’ll help you make an informed investment decision based on the facts -- not the myths.